Ben Leonard is the Co-founder of Ecom Brokers and an e-commerce consultant. He founded his first e-commerce brand, Beast Gear, with a laptop and some spare time, and it submerged him into the entrepreneurial world. Ben began his work with Ecom Brokers to help other entrepreneurs navigate the waters to reach their financial exit goals.
He graduated from the University of Aberdeen with a BS in Zoology and earned his MS degree in Ecology and Environmental Sustainability. His scientific background helped prepare him for an entrepreneurship role.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Ben Leonard dives into his ecology background and the transition into his e-commerce exit
- How Ben navigated his exit to be more successful
- Ben talks about the learning experience of working with an aggregator
- How to maximize your exit by filling the broker gap between accounting and e-commerce
- Connecting transatlantic buyers and sellers through Ecom Brokers
- Ben explains the importance of preparing for your ideal exit
In this episode…
As a business owner, how do you structure a deal for your greatest exit? How can you continue to scale and grow in your industry to prepare for an exit?
Building and selling a brand is no easy task, especially if you’re new to the entrepreneurial world. Ben Leonard identified a gap in the market. He has been in the confusing shoes of an entrepreneur exiting their brand — and it’s why he is bridging the gap between accounting and e-commerce to help others scale and prepare for their maximum exit. So, how does it all work?
In this episode of Amazing Exits, Paul Miller and Ben Leonard, e-commerce consultant and Co-founder of Ecom Brokers, discuss getting the most out of your business by preparing for your exit. They go over how Ben scaled his brand and developed his exit, the importance of a broker experienced in all perspectives of an exit, and what steps you can take to improve your exit. Head over to Ecom Brokers for a free evaluation and 10% off fees when you mention Amazing Exits!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Ben Leonard on LinkedIn
- Ben Leonard’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Leonard on Facebook
- Ben Leonard on Twitter
- Ben Leonard on Instagram
- Ecom Brokers
- Ben Leonard Ecommerce Mentorship
- Beast Gear
- Built to Sell: Creating a Business That Can Thrive Without You by John Warrillow
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- Who Not How: The Formula to Achieve Bigger Goals Through Accelerating Teamwork by Dan Sullivan and Dr. Benjamin Hardy
- Allison Walker on LinkedIn
- Mint Accounting
- “How to Reverse Engineer an Ecom Exit”
- Amazon Sellers Conference
- Amazing Exits
- Amazing Exits News
- Kellianne Fedio on LinkedIn
- Paul Miller on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Amazing Exits, empowering Amazon entrepreneurs with the best resources and support to create a sellable business and achieve their ideal exit.
The founders at Amazing Exits connect Amazon entrepreneurs to the experts, education and resources they need on their journey to a successful exit. Let us help you maximize the value of your business by being your reliable exit advisor.
Make sure to take our free assessment and get your “Freedom Score” to see if you’re on track to creating a highly valuable and sellable business.