Jake Barnett is an experienced sales and marketing leader in the e-commerce and technology industries. He is the Head of Business Development at Boosted Commerce, an acquisition company of third party FBA sellers on Amazon.
Jake’s expansive experience includes his work at Peachtree Funding, where he closed deals that were valued in excess of $100 million. Jake also worked at Blink Logic, a venture-capital funded startup, where he closed deals representing millions of users and was promoted to VP of Sales and Marketing at just 23 years old.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jake Barnett talks about his background in Amazon acquisition and how he got started at Boosted Commerce
- Boosted Commerce’s method for evaluating and acquiring Amazon FBA businesses
- Jake’s goal: to grow successful Amazon businesses toward independence from Amazon’s platform
- How to create a sellable business that will attract high-profile buyers
- At what point in your career should you begin to consider exit planning for your business?
- Jake explains Boosted Commerce’s due diligence and valuation process
- Jake’s tip for building more value into your business before selling: SBA financing
- The importance of prioritizing clean financial records
- What’s the deal with multiples?
In this episode…
Do you want to create a sellable business that will attract high-profile buyers and result in a profitable exit? Not so fast—there’s a vital step you must complete first: building long-lasting value into your business.
Building value into your business is a difficult, yet necessary, part of the exit planning process. After all, who wants to buy a business with little long-term worth? There are many avenues that you can take to create a more valuable business—but some of them are certainly quicker and more effective than others. Thankfully Jake Barnett, an expert in sales and marketing, is here to clear the air by revealing exactly what acquisition firms are looking for in your company.
In this episode of Amazing Exits, Kellianne Fedio and Paul Miller sit down with Jake Barnett, the Head of Business Development at Boosted Commerce, to discuss the process of selling your business to an Amazon FBA acquisition firm. Listen in as Jake talks about Boosted Commerce’s method for appraising businesses, his key strategies for attracting high-profile buyers, and the importance of implementing SBA financing during the exit planning process. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Jake Barnett on LinkedIn
- Jake’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boosted Commerce
- Amazing Exits
- Kellianne Fedio on LinkedIn
- Paul Miller on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Amazing Exits, empowering Amazon entrepreneurs with the best resources and support to create a sellable business and achieve their ideal exit.
The founders at Amazing Exits connect Amazon entrepreneurs to the experts, education and resources they need on their journey to a successful exit. Let us help you maximize the value of your business by being your reliable exit advisor.
Make sure to take our free assessment and get your “Freedom Score” to see if you’re on track to creating a highly valuable and sellable business.