Mac Lackey is an entrepreneur who has started, scaled, and sold six successful companies. Mac is also the Founder of ExitDNA, the Co-Founder/Chairman of ISL, and an active board member and advisor for a plethora of startup companies.
Mac mentors and supports other entrepreneurs through his exclusive coaching programs with ExitDNA and The FĒNX. He has been featured in many publications, including USA Today, The New York Times, CNN, and more.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Mac Lackey recalls the beginning of his 25+ year career as an entrepreneur
- How Mac built and sold his first company for 8 figures
- The strategic decisions behind Mac’s first successful exit
- The importance of building value and growth opportunities into your business—regardless of your plans to exit
- What is the difference between a strategic buyer and a financial buyer?
- Mac recalls the transition from creating and owning a technology company to creating and owning an outdoor apparel company
- Developing professional relationships that will result in strategic acquisitions
- Mac talks about his mentoring and training program, ExitDNA
- Why you should care about—and take steps to protect—your intellectual property
- Tips and tricks for creative distribution
- Should you build value into your company while keeping a specific kind of strategic buyer in mind?
- The importance of maintaining a healthy mindset and identifying the relationships that matter the most
In this episode…
Do you want to create, build, and sell your very own company? Are you looking for the best tips and tricks to lead you through the messy process of exit planning? Guess what: you’re in the right place!
Mac Lackey is an entrepreneur and mentor with more than 25 years of experience in building and selling successful companies. After selling his very first business for 8 figures in the 1990s, Mac decided to build a career around the idea of exit planning. Since that very first sale, Mac has successfully created, built, and sold 5 other companies—all while maintaining a family life and mentoring other like-minded entrepreneurs along the way! So, what is his secret to success?
In this episode of Amazing Exits, Kellianne Fedio and Paul Miller sit down with Mac Lackey, renowned entrepreneur and Founder of ExitDNA, to discuss the ins and outs of Mac’s exit planning experiences. Listen in as Mac reveals the strategic decisions behind his first 8-figure exit, how to build value into your company before selling, and the secrets to attracting strategic buyers. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Mac Lackey
- Mac Lackey on LinkedIn
- Amazing Exits
- Kellianne Fedio on LinkedIn
- Paul Miller on LinkedIn
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Amazing Exits, empowering Amazon entrepreneurs with the best resources and support to create a sellable business and achieve their ideal exit.
The founders at Amazing Exits connect Amazon entrepreneurs to the experts, education and resources they need on their journey to a successful exit. Let us help you maximize the value of your business by being your reliable exit advisor.
Make sure to take our free assessment and get your “Freedom Score” to see if you’re on track to creating a highly valuable and sellable business.