Yael Cabilly is the Co-founder of Fortunet, a boutique investment banking firm that specializes in selling e-commerce businesses and Amazon accounts. Fortunet represents businesses for sale that range in equity value from $500 thousand to $60 million, and they work with buyers including e-commerce companies, private equity firms, venture capitalists, and private investors.
Yael is also the Founder and Intellectual Property and E-Commerce Attorney at Cabilly & Co., the very first e-commerce-focused intellectual property firm in Israel.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Yael Cabilly talks about her background as an attorney for Amazon sellers
- Yael discusses the best exit planning strategies
- What is the range in revenue that Yael sees when her clients exit their businesses?
- Common mistakes — and achievements — that large e-commerce companies experience
- The quality that defines a successful Amazon seller: taking risks
- What is the difference between a financial buyer and a strategic buyer?
- Yael reveals why some brokers and aggregators avoid going straight to public auctions when selling a business
- Yael’s final advice for Amazon sellers: think ahead!
In this episode…
Do you have a solid plan for exiting your business? Or are you caught up in the day-to-day workings of your business, hoping that selling your business will simply work out in the end?
According to Yael Cabilly, an Amazon attorney and exit planning expert, one of the most important things Amazon sellers can practice when selling a business is thinking ahead. Though it might sound intuitive or obvious, many sellers put off — or ignore altogether — aspects of the exit planning process that could make or break their big sale. Thankfully, Yael is here to discuss exactly what sellers should and shouldn’t do when selling a company — and you don’t want to miss a minute of it!
In this episode of Amazing Exits, Kellianne Fedio and Paul Miller sit down with Yael Cabilly, Co-founder of Fortunet, to discuss the dos and don’ts of exit planning. Listen in as Yael reveals her top-notch exit planning strategies, common mistakes to avoid and successes to emulate when selling your business, and the number one trait you need to develop in order to achieve a profitable, peaceful exit. Stay tuned!
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Yael Cabilly on LinkedIn
- Yael’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cabilly & Co.
- Amazing Exits
- Kellianne Fedio on LinkedIn
- Paul Miller on LinkedIn
- Global Wired Advisors
- “005: The Importance of Exit Planning and the Massive Opportunity that Exists to Sell Your Online Business with Chris Shipferling from Global Wired Advisors”
Sponsor for this episode…
This episode is brought to you by Amazing Exits, empowering Amazon entrepreneurs with the best resources and support to create a sellable business and achieve their ideal exit.
The founders at Amazing Exits connect Amazon entrepreneurs to the experts, education and resources they need on their journey to a successful exit. Let us help you maximize the value of your business by being your reliable exit advisor.
Make sure to take our free assessment and get your “Freedom Score” to see if you’re on track to creating a highly valuable and sellable business.